Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lakes Entrance

We left Wallaga Lake yesterday and drove 5 hours south into Victoria to Lakes Entrance. We stopped at Eden for our morning coffee, at the fisherman's wharf.
At Lakes Entrance there is also a photo of the wharf with fishing boats, plus there are sculptures out of trees, like this one, along the main road.
We went to Lake Tyers this afternoon, and Tony actually caught a salmon which is large enough for us to have for dinner! Yay. I took some photos there - it is a favourite spot, only 8 km's out of Lakes Entrance, and at one time we really wanted to move there. The lake doesn't quite break through to the sea, but the water from the lake was much higher than usual and into the sand dunes. Also a photo of the Waterwheel Tavern there - we used to go for our 5 o'clock drinks there when we first visited here!
Tony was at the sea edge fishing, and I braved the strong wind to do a watercolour pencil drawing, which I then added water to, and this photo is to show how windy it was, plus that I WAS actually sitting on the dunes painting!! We are expecting gale force winds and more rain later, but it has been sunny here today. Also the end result of my drawing/painting!









Tomorrow we leave, head to Melbourne and get the Spirit of Tasmania tomorrow night, and arrive back in Tasmania on Sunday. Tony wants to stay away on holiday!! This last photo is of the cooking station under the anexe! Pretty simple, isn't it, but it does - I don't cook there, I am not the cook!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yippee!!!! Cant wait to see you!! It's been a long long long time!!! Love SUEX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I didn't leave you many comments, I have still been following you. Your trip brought back some memories for me, especially the bit down the NSW and VIC coast.
    It's always sad when a trip ends, I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete